Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Urban Food Store + Cafe, Canberra




 

We had just finished a 4 day long conference and needed to zone out before the drive home.  A coffee and tasty lunch was in order.
Across from our hotel was Urban Food Store+ Cafe which was just perfect because it was raining heavily outside. Ahh… it was going to be a good trip up.
Top: Mocha. Bottom: Skim Cappuccino

Coffee and mochas were $3.90 for a small. My friend ordered the mocha and I the skinny capp.
The blend was dark, smooth and rather mild. In the broad spectrum of coffees I’ve had it comes in as ‘ok -> good’; but the caffeine sure hit the spot.
 
The Hungries came and I ordered the special of the day: the Mo Burger for $15. It took 20-30 minutes to come out but when it did, I knew why. Fast food it was not.
The chips were delicious and golden – chunky potato strips tossed in rosemary and salt. Some of the best chips lots I’ve ever had.
 
The burger came with a tall stake through it because it was made so high!
It was definitely worth the wait. The bread was crusty on the outside, it was high and big oval air pockets all the way through it. It was so tasty and spread with butter that I would have been happy eating it by itself.

Next time you’re in Canberra and have over an hour or so for lunch, I recommend visiting Urban Food.



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment