Thursday, April 4, 2013

Adina Pinot Grigio 2012


Oh! I forgot I had a wine blog!
How horrible of me. And since my last post I have been enjoying a lot of new wines, but always drinking in moderation. In fact, I think I’ve been drinking less. Towards the end of last year I’ve wanted to get healthier and fitter. As a result I’ve started drinking less. But drinking well at the same time.

I’m currently sipping on:
Adina Vineyard
Pinot Grigio 2012
Lovedale (Hunter Valley Region), New South Wales
Wine maker: Daniel Binet
Alc/Vol 12.5%
Approximately $22 a bottle


Pinot Grigio and Pinot Gris wines are generally sweeter on the palate. This particular Pinot Grigio tastes like a mix of pineapple, strawberry with an end note of kiwi fruit to give it an acidic finish. It’s a pale straw yellow and as it slowly adjusts from fridge to room temperature it begins to have an ‘oily’ appearance.
It’s really quite a nice wine as an aperitif. I had dinner a few hours ago already but the touch of acidity is making my mouth water!
The nose is floral and sweet. I think it’s a good bottle to introduce to friends who are trying to escape the wave of cider blends and instead are looking for something more delicate.
I had it over several days and it went well with seafood, Asian dishes as well as yum cha.
I've finished the bottle. So obviously it was a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment